The Lucy Mary Kellogg award was established in 1992 by the Michigan Genealogical Council to honor Lucy Mary Kellogg as the founding member and, an eminent Michigan genealogist. Her accomplishments on the state and national levels were recognized in 1991 as the first woman and the first from the Midwest area to be named to the National Genealogy Hall of Fame.
To be nominated for this award a candidate must be a member in good standing of a member society of the Michigan Genealogical Council, resided in the state of Michigan for a minimum of five years, and must have met four or more of the following criteria:
- Furthered the aims and the accomplishments of Michigan Genealogical Council.
- Served in a position of leadership in a Michigan genealogical or historical organization.
- Been involved in a major research project.
- Authored or contributed to a notable publication.
- Made a significant contribution to the genealogical or historical benefit of his/her community.
- Made a significant contribution to the Michigan community.
- Furthered the knowledge of genealogy through educational practices.
The Award consists of a certificate for the recipient and $50.00 each in his/her name to the Archives of Michigan, Library of Michigan, and a library or genealogical society of his/her choice.
The recipient, selected by an anonymous jury will receive the award at the annual Michigan Genealogical Council Seminar. The name of a candidate may be resubmitted, however, the award may be received by an individual only once. Current members of the Executive Committee of MGC are not eligible for nomination.
TO NOMINATE A CANDIDATE:
- Complete all of the information in the section of this report about the candidate
- Submit a typewritten letter of 500 words or less stating the qualifications of the candidate.
- Encourage individuals or groups to send letters of support for the candidate.
- Mail entries together with support information to arrive by May 31 to:
Michigan Genealogical Council
Lucy Mary Kellogg Award
P.O. Box 80953
Lansing, MI. 48908-0953
Question? e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All entries and materials become the property of the Michigan Genealogical Council and will not be returned.