Throughout its history, the Michigan Genealogical Council has been involved in many projects.
- Death Without Record - This Michigan Genealogical Council Project continues to accept registrations for persons who died in or before 1900, and left no Michigan official record.
Previous Michigan Genealogical Council Projects:
- The "Muriel Links Obituaries" are approximately 85,000 Obituaries clipped from Grand Rapids Newspapers covering the period 1930–1970 and pasted onto cards that are kept at the Grand Rapids Public Library. Indexing was done by volunteers through FamilySearch, many of whom were members of MGC member societies. The index and images are now available on http://familysearch.org.
- Michigan County Marriages (FamilySearch) Please be sure to read the description before beginning your search. There are 15 counties whose marriage registers are included in this record set. The index and images are now available on Michigan, County Marriages, 1820-1935
- The Centennial Families Indexing Project consisted of creating an electronic index of the 1976 MGC Centennial Family Project. This index is searchable, and researchers are able to easily locate the original application at the Library of Michigan and Archives of Michigan. The searchable index for the 1976 Centennial Families Project is now available. Original records are available at the Archives of Michigan. Records on microfilm are available at the Library of Michigan in Lansing, and the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Unfortunately, these films do not circulate to local Family History Centers.
- GENDIS The Genealogical Death Indexing System was a joint project using data from the Michigan Department of Community Health and volunteer genealogist transcribers from Michigan Genealogical Council member societies. Funding for keying the transcriptions came from the Abrams Foundation. The last update from this project was posted in March 2002. While incomplete, this offers an alternate finding aid for Michigan deaths. The original GENDIS lives on the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) website. A more complete and robust index was created by FamilySearch, along with the original images from MDCH from this time period. The index and images became available in 2007 on FamilySearch.org, under the title Michigan Deaths (1867-1897).