- This event has passed.
KVGS Research Trip to DC
September 10 - September 16
Several Kalamazoo Valley Genealogical Society members are desperate to get to DC for some research. The society has designed an independent trip for any genealogists who would like to go along.
This is an INDEPENDENT research trip: make your own travel arrangements (drive, fly, train). Get our group discount at the Arlington Court Suites Hotel (Group GENEALOGY 2023). The discounted rate ends on August 13. Metro or Uber with other researchers to the research facility of your choice – DAR Library, NARA (National Archives in both Washington, DC and College Park, MD), Library of Congress – or other research facilities – your choice.
We’ll get together for meals, discuss what we are researching, answer questions, and share transportation.
More information is available here:
- The flier is on the KVGS website (www.mikvgs.org) and has details and links to help you register for the trip, at the hotel, and for research days at the National Archives. Be sure to read it.
- Our website (www.mikvgs.org), under the Research tab on the left side, includes details and brief videos to orient you to the three research sites.
- July 5 Zoom meeting for questions (registration link is HERE).
- Arlington Court Suites Hotel (https://www.arlingtoncourthotel.com/) The phone number is on the flyer. Works best if you telephone the hotel so you can give the GENEALOGY 2023 group info.
- Direct flights to DC (attached to this email).
- NARA information: Schedule your visit soon – only 45 researchers each day. A link is on the flyer.
- Plan Your Visit to the National Archives: https://www.archives.gov/research/start/plan-your-visit.
- Email email@example.com if you still have unanswered questions. Please put WASHINGTON, DC, in the subject line.